Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Why?! why why why why

Why is it that I seem to have the worst sleeping children in all the world? Why is it that they can time their night wakings to ensure that my longest stretch of sleep is about 2 hours (that means that I got ONE two hour stretch, and the rest of the night was in less-than-one-hour increments)? Why is Maddox able to have 2-3 night terrors IN ONE NIGHT? On a day he didn't even nap? Meaning he should be MORE tired and sleep better, according to Dr. Ferber, that stupid idiot? Why am I married to a man who can sleep through a grenade attack, much less his daughter's cry of "Mommy, come snuggle with me Chavie!!" all night long? Why does he yell at me when I ask him to go up to her? (In his defense, he never remembers that, so I think he's actually asleep when he's barking at me, but it doesn't make it any less annoying at 2:34 or 3:47 or 4:22 a.m.) Dear lord WHY DON'T MY CHILDREN SLEEP?

No comments: