Thursday, January 24, 2008

Ahhhhh, that's better

Last night Al went to a meeting and I was truly dreading putting both kids to bed by myself. It's amazing how the kids always pull through when I am at my wit's end (and watch out for the day they don't). They played trains together in Maddox's room, allowing me to check my e-mail and throw in a load of laundry. They put on their pjs without too much fussing (actually, Maddox helped convince Chavie to get hers on). Maddox watched "Super Why!" (our new PBS find) while I read to Chavie, and then she went to bed with only about five minutes of "Snuggle me, Mommy!" crying. I (of course) fell asleep putting Maddox to bed but got up long enough to take a Simply Sleep and steal Al's side of the bed so he would be closer to the kids - he got up with each of them once, and I slept for a blissful 9 1/2 hours.

No comments: