Thursday, August 09, 2007

horrible, terrible, no good, very bad cold

I have been super lax about taking pictures this week. Mainly because I have been sick with a fever, sore throat, and now snot fest since about Saturday. Did you know the active ingredient in Tylenol PM is benadryl? Still, one tablet won't let you sleep comfortably with a cold.

We've had big happenings this week. Chava's language has taken off (mainly she says, "Ah WAN dis," meaning "I want this right now and if you don't give it to me, I'll screw up my face and cry alligator tears and all the people around us with think you are a terrible parent"). She also has started to say water (wah-dah), heavy, yes (before it was only NO!!), cookie, doggie (for her lovey), and a whole bunch of other things.

This is also the summer that Maddox has found his groove at the beach. He's very comfortable playing in the water, and loves to float in the inflatable crab we found at the house. Chava absolutely LOVES the water and plunges in without a second thought if we are not watching her carefully.

This also seems to be the breaking point where Chava is increasingly unwilling to put up with Maddox's shit, and she's also figuring out how to use him to her advantage. Now when he takes something away from her she'll hit him, or grab it back, or (if we're looking), pull out the alligator tears.

More pictures soon, I swear. I'm almost over my Nyquil hangover from last night so tomorrow I should be in tip-top shape.

No comments: