Saturday, April 14, 2007

It's hard to be the Tasmanian Devil

On Friday, Nonna went solo with Chava. I wasn't worried about Chava at all - just about Nonna. Chava has this very adorable way of being truly exhausting.

But when I got home, the house was sparkling, Chava's hair was all neatly combed as it only is on Nonna days, and both Nonna and Chava were smiling. But then Nonna dropped the bomb - Chavie hadn't napped.

Chava and I went to go pick up Maddox and she fell dead asleep during the 7 minute car ride home. So asleep that I carried her in to the house and laid her down on the living room floor, and she continued sleeping (with her hands in the same position they had been in in the car). She was not happy when I woke her up. But she recovered quickly once she got a taste of the short ribs Nonna had brought us for dinner - Chava and Al went head-to-head in a contest to see who could have a bigger pile of bones on their plate. It was close.

No comments: