Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Bye Bye Baby

I have to catch myself when I start thinking down the road of, "It's such a pain Chava can't___________." The reality is that her babyhood is dwindling, and soon I will miss having such a chubby, cuddly baby who actually lets me snuggle her (Maddox's idea of snuggling involves kicking, which is not so warm and cozy). I was struck with this straight to the heart this weekend, when we got rid of our high chair (sniff). Even though that thing was big, ungainly, and took up about 2/3s of our kitchen table (not to mention being impossible to clean), it meant she was really still just a baby. Now she's in the seat that attaches to the table. The good news is, after she's done eating, we just let her crawl around on the floor and she has a second meal with everything that's fallen down there. I think I'm going to be able to talk Al out of a dog, after all.

No comments: